Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Things that let me know I am in Alabama

Grandmothers house
The sight of Granddaddy's shop full of mowers
Cousins...and lots of them!
Aunt Cathy's Tea cookies and sweet tea
Aunt Julie's crater cake
Aunt Judy's hamburger loaf
Dolly Madison Bakery
Nosegay Florist
Piggly Wiggly
Trees so tall, they block the sunset
End-cap display full of Boiled Peanuts
Auburn "cars" everywhere
Moon Pies
Country's B-B-Q
Lakewood Baptist Church
Magnolia's
Camellia's
White Lily Flour

These are just a few of the little things I am treasuring while in Alabama. God is so good. We have a huge beautiful Magnolia right outside our back door. It is blooming, and its flowers have graced our table daily. The girls and I have enjoyed watching how these go from a bud to brown petals in one day. Aren't you ever amazed at the splendor of our Creator? There is such a contrast between Texas and Alabama as far as foliage goes. And I really like seeing all His green right now. I guess I have a new found appreciation for something that was so "everyday" before.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are thanking God for the things of AL as well as them letting you know you are there. Praise Him in the small things.
Love, Mama Gayle