Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It was just my imagination....

Imagination is a great thing. I am so happy that David is 8 years old and can still have an active imagination. He leads the others on some grand adventures. So this week, David was reading through "The American Boys Handy Book", and he decided they needed a fort. We don't have any good fort trees, and we don't have a lot of shade, but since I am David's mom, I have a lot of imagination too. So I showed them the corner of the yard, and the wheels went to spinning! I was able to get a stick in the yard, and then with some long rope, made a room. So now, we have a fort, and a place to drive the Barbie car to, and a place to set up lunch. The girls made a table out of some concrete blocks and scrap wood. So I fixed them up a box lunch, and let them eat lunch out there yesterday. They have had the most fun! I have enjoyed watching them, and it makes me feel blessed to be their Mom.





2 comments:

Jenay Hale said...

Dont you just love it when they use a box for a million different things and it keeps them busy all day long?
It makes you want to take stock in a cardboard company!
I hope you and your family are well..Miss you!

Teresa said...

Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom. God has done great things in your family!