Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Todays Ramblings

I have been pondering a lot today. I think it all started this morning when I awoke to the sound of a sleeping family. I looked out my kitchen window and saw this beautiful foggy haze. I was blown away by the majesty of God. And then this afternoon as I watched the kids play in the backyard. The sun was bright, spring hung in the air, and laughter made me grin. I again, was taken aback by the beauty of my King. It could be because I packed another box today. Working slowly, I am trying to not be overwhelmed in the end. I was feeling sad about leaving some of the great friends I have made here. All godly Christian friends who are so good at nurturing, praying, and listening. Maybe I was grieving, because Chris talked with Leif's parents today. Leif is never far from our minds, but today, I just missed him. I think because we are heading back to Phenix City, and Leif visited us there so much. I thought about what he sacrificed for our freedom. I thought about how much he gave in a short amount of time. Everyone who knew Leif was touched by him. He encouraged new believers and challenged older ones. Again, I was thankful to God. I am not a songwriter, but I couldn't contain the song in my heart. I just sang Him my praises. And tonight, when I tucked the kids in, I held them a little closer and loved them a little more. I am blessed beyond measure. God has given me such peace in this transitional time we are living. I told someone today, we don't know where we will be living, but God does. I have faith and peace. And for those who know me, I like to have a plan for these things. Organization is my friend. God, has yet to reveal all the details of the plan, but we know where we are headed and the ministry he will have us do. I am just getting to enjoy the ride. Chris and I were talking about this today, that it will be so nice to have a little break (in Al) before heading into our full-time ministry. It will be so nice to enjoy each other, getting refreshed and recharged, and getting to be around our family and friends that we have missed so much in the last 3 years. Like I said, God is so good to us. And this, all of this today, made me appreciate God in a new way.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Good words, Elizabeth.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abby said...

I came across your blog via Sharon B's. It was fun to catch up and see where God has taken you since we were in MOPS 2 years ago! Doesn't seem that long, does it? I will keep up with you guys and look forward to seeing what God has in store for you!
Also, I blog-stalked and realized you were connected to a friend of ours from college (Kendall Helgren) who we had lost touch with. God weaves a beautiful web!