Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gearing up

We are gearing up for a fun weekend. My parents are coming tomorrow, and then we have friends coming for the ordination. I spent this afternoon baking and cleaning. And plan to bake some more tomorrow afternoon. Plan to have a lovely evening with the Children's Ministry Leadership Team who is taking us out to dinner. This has been a great group and has helped make ministry fun and painless. One of these ladies in particular has really blessed me this year. I think it meant so much because it surprised me so much.

Lisa Woodburn was the VBS Director this year. To get ready she met with Chris & I each week for weeks before the event. We really got to know her and her family quite well. And when VBS was over I was sad that we weren't having our weekly meetings anymore. She is a dedicated hard worker and has a heart full of service. I do honestly believe she would give you the shirt off her back. She is a treasure to me.

Monday starts Chris' first day of fund-raising. I am excited for him. I will be leaving town and headed to Fort Worth. I plan to visit friends, make contacts, meet with Church staff, Scrapbook, eat Chipotle, enjoy my Brothers company, scrapbook, have fun with mommies, and relax! I love my friends for sending for me to come by getting me a ticket to visit!!

Pretty fun Days ahead. Wish you were Here!!

No comments: